The Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons are the busiest and most exciting times of the year for Victory Mission! We serve special meals to our residents, students and those who are homeless and hungry in our community. We provide hundreds of holiday food baskets to struggling families and seniors. We spread Christmas joy to deserving children through our Adopt-A-Family and Sheriff's Kids programs. We give gifts and share the love of Christ with individuals in our shelters. We organize various drives and fundraising events to gather necessary resources for our ministry.
To make all of our events and activities possible this holiday season, we need you, your family, your church, your business, your group etc. to get involved. With your giving hearts and willing hands, we can bless our neediest neighbors at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Browse through the opportunities below and choose one or more ways to participate! For more information, call 417.864.2213.
If you prefer to support the Mission by making a financial gift, click here to donate online. We appreciate your generosity.
Double Your Dollars with Denver Mattress Company
From Nov. 1-30, your extra contribution toward our holiday activities will go twice as far to bring hope to the homeless and hungry in our community thanks to the Denver Mattress Company. The company will match dollar for dollar (up to $2,500) every donation made to Victory Mission during the month of November. To ensure your gift will be doubled, please give through the website here.
We need the food items below for our holiday meals and to stock up our Food Pantry.
|Turkeys (frozen, 12-pound or greater)
||Stuffing & gravy mix
|Potatoes (fresh or instant)
||Yams (fresh or canned)
|Canned vegetables, fruits & meat
|Rice, pasta & noodles
||Mac & cheese
|Boxed cereals & granola bars
||Little Debbie snacks
|Pies, cookies & cake mixes
||Whipped cream/cool Whip
Please drop off your donations at our Warehouse/Donation Center (700 W. Chase), Monday through Friday, between 8am and 3:30pm (by Nov. 22 for Thanksgiving and Dec. 20 for Christmas).
Volunteer Your Time
Come, serve and be blessed. Please call 417.864.2213 to confirm that you would like to volunteer.
1) Prime Rib Dinner for the Homeless - Nov. 10, 5pm, Ramada Oasis Convention Center
2) Thanksgiving Senior Luncheon - Nov. 21, 11am, Ministry Center Chapel
3) Pack Thanksgiving Food Baskets - Nov. 22, 8:30am, Warehouse
4) Deliver Thanksgiving Food Baskets - Nov. 23, 8am, Warehouse
5) Great Thanksgiving Banquet - Nov. 27, 6pm, Cook's Kettle Restaurant
6) Thanksgiving Day Brunch - Nov. 28, 9am, Cook's Kettle Restaurant
7) Decorate Ministry Center for Christmas - Between Nov. 30-Dec. 8, time is flexible
8) Wrap Sheriff's Kids Gifts - Dec. 10, 6pm, Warehouse
9) Deliver Sheriff's Kids Gifts - Dec. 11-24, time is flexible
10) Christmas Senior Luncheon - Dec. 19, 11am, Ministry Center Chapel
11) Christmas Party at Victory Square men's shelter - Dec. 20, 8pm, Victory Square
12) Pack Christmas Food Baskets - Dec. 20, 8:30am, Warehouse
13) Deliver Christmas Food Baskets - Dec. 21, 8am, Warehouse
14) Christmas Eve Dinner - Dec. 24, 6pm, Cook's Kettle Restaurant
15) Christmas Day Brunch - Dec. 25, 9am, Cook's Kettle Restaurant (Carolers wanted!)
16) New Year's Eve Sober Party at Victory Square men's shelter - Dec. 31, 8pm, Victory Square
17) New Year's Day Brunch - Jan. 1, 9am, Cook's Kettle Restaurant
Share the love of Christmas by "adopting" a family in need. We'll match you with a deserving family and you bless them with gifts like toys and clothing. Sign up by Nov. 24. For more information about this program, click here.
We're collecting gifts for:
1) Sheriff's Kids - for children whose parents are incarcerated in Greene County jail (Deliver by Dec. 6)
- Activity & coloring books
- Crayons & color pencils
- Age-appropriate DVDs, music CDs and video games
- Board games & puzzles
- Bath & body products
- Socks, underwear, winter gloves & hats (all sizes)
- Jewelry and accessories
2) Bags of Blessings - for residents in our Victory Square men's shelter (Deliver by Dec. 13)
Fill a grocery tote (medium size) with one of each of the following items:
- Hand sanitizer (medium size)
- Pair of knit/fleece gloves
- Pair of white socks
- Boxer briefs (sizes S-3XL)
- Long-sleeve flannel shirt/hoodise (sizes S-3XL)
Please drop off your donations at our Warehouse/Donation Center (700 W. Chase), Monday through Friday, between 8am and 3:30pm.